19 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas - 6 Days to go! | My Festive Red Lip Picks






If Christmas isn't the time to rock a red lip then when the hell is?! I don't need an excuse to wear a bold lip but those reds that might not get all the love that they deserve definitely get a bit more attention throughout the festive season. I've had a rummage through my stash and picked out my six favourite reds that will take you from Christmas eve through to Boxing day and beyond!

If you want  a stand out pout this Christmas then Morange is definitely the way to go! This is one of my favourite and most worn lipsticks. Morange is a vibrant orange that leans enough on the red side to make it wearable and not too scary. This looks amazing with simple eye make up making it the center of attention.

Okay, this might not be a typical festive red per se but a coral this pretty, how could I leave it out?! This is definitely the type of shade that is more in my comfort zone and I reach for on a regular basis. I really like this colour and formula, it doesn't look out of place in the day but it can add a pop of colour when built up for a night out, I usually pair it with the Illamasqua lip pencil in Power to intensify the colour and make it last a bit longer - because it's glossy it tends to wear off quite quickly.

This is the closest that I'm going to get to a true red in my Festive picks and it's still with an Orange twist! Dangerous is from the Retro Matte collection and is perfect for a day when you're not going to stop eating or drinking because this baby doesn't budge.

If a bold lip isn't really your thing then a Lip Butter is more of a subtle take on the look. Wild Watermelon is a sheer red shade and the formula is so moisturizing.

MAC RiRi Woo
Another Retro Matte that I can only describe as a deep Hollywood style red, you wouldn't look out of place rubbing shoulders with the film stars of the 50's in this! Like Dangerous it's a turkey proof finish and will stay on until you scrub it off.

Mistress is a very similar vivid Orangey red to Morange but in gloss form. I'm really not a glossy lipped kind of girl but I actually quite like this, it isn't overly sticky and lasts for a lot longer than I expected and even when there are signs of it wearing off it leaves a really noticeable stain so you don't lose the colour, just the glossiness.

I don't know about you but I'm ready to get my red lip on!!

Follow me on Twitter | Bloglovin' | Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment