5 February 2014

Nail Varnish Haul | Nails inc Lucky Dip & Models Own 50% Sale





L-R Nails inc Seymour Walk, Royal Botanical Gardens, St John's Wood, Mornington Crescent, Warwick Way, Notting Hill Carnival, Southwark Models Own Hedonist, Turquoise Gloss, Cornflower Gleam

I don't know what's come over me but 2014 seems to be the year of the nail and I've recently bought more new nail varnishes than I'd care to admit. Can you blame me though with all of these amazing offers on the go?! 

You are a stronger beauty lover than I am if you could resist 7 full size Nails inc varnishes for £19.99 and that's the exact offer than landed in my inbox the other week the only catch being that it was a lucky dip and you didn't get to choose your colours but they did give you the choice between 7 glossy shades, metallics or special effects. I went for the glossies because it's what I'd get the most wear out of and was pleasantly suprised by the shades that I received because I loved all of them! Out of the seven there were a few blue toned colours, a couple of red shades and a bright sunny yellow that will look perfect in the summer with a tan. You can't go wrong with the formula, it goes on smoothly and after a couple of coats the colour is nice and vibrant, I can't comment on the lasting time because with all of these varnishes lining up for some air time on my nails I can't say I've kept them on long enough for them to chip!

If seven new nail varnishes in a week weren't enough Models Own reached 250,000 likes on Facebook and had a 50% off sale slashing their prices from £5 down to £2.50 and also incorporated in the launch of their new Hyper Gel range to spoil us even more! There was a minimum spend of £25 and although I could have easily spent more than that I'd need another room to keep them all in so my friend Vicky kindly offered to share the load so we didn't miss out and also didn't bankrupt ourselves! I chose two of the Hyper Gels in really nice spring shades and another Hedonist because I've run my into the ground and can't cope without one in my life. I've already declared my love for Hedonist so many times, it's my favourite nail varnish of all time and if you haven't got it you need it! The Hyper Gel formula wasn't quite what I thought it would be, it took 3 coats to get even cover and it isn't as glossy as I'd anticipated but the colours are gorgeous so I'll let them off!

I now have enough nail varnishes to last me until 2015 so these offers need to stop because the bargain hunter in me isn't strong enough to keep my debit card in my purse!!

Follow me on Twitter | Bloglovin' | Like me on Facebook

10 comments:

  1. These are all so lovely! I adore models own :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Models Own are definitely up there with my favourite nail brands! xx

      Delete
  2. These colours are beautiful! I especially love the deeper purple and the teal colours.
    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm regretting not getting in on the 50% off sale after seeing your gorgeous collection! You're all set for summer colours! xx

    http://lovefrom-lisa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think so but I bet I'll still buy some more ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Really lovely haul, love the colours. Perfect for spring :)
    Also love the floral background of your blog.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie, I'm really glad you like it :) xx

      Delete
  5. Those colours are so nice! I think i would have done the exact same thing in your position! I'm a bit gutted i didn't get at not seeing the offer myself!

    http://prettylittlethings993.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, hopefully they will have something similar again soon so keep your eye out and it'll be your chance to spend! xx

      Delete