14 April 2014

The Battle of the Powder Highlighters!




Top to Bottom - Topshop Crescent Moon, NARS Albatross, The Balm Mary-Lou Maniser

L to R - Topshop Crescent Moon, Nars Albatross, The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer

It's only been the last year or so that I've been a complete highlighter fiend - Cream, liquid, powder, I love them all! My holy grail highlighter has to be Topshop Glow in Polish (full review here) which is my go to every day product although with so many beautiful highlighters out there I'd be crazy not to switch it up once in a while! 

After my beloved Topshop Cream highlighter powder is probably my most used and I've got a few beauties that get a lot of air time. My first and most coveted powder highlighter was Crescent Moon (full review here) which after swatching I searched for, for weeks and it was definitely worth it. This is one of the most pigmented products that I've ever come across so you need to be careful when loading up your brush much like you do with Mary-Lou Manizer because even the tiniest touch picks up a hell of a lot of product Unlike NARS Albatross which takes a bit of brush swirling to pick a good amount of product up but that might just be because I've only got a little rectangle in a palette it might be a bit easier with a bigger area to use. Crescent Moon is a beautiful peachy champagne shade which is more iridescent than shimmery whereas Albatross and Mary-Lou Manizer are a little bit more glittery although it is very, very fine and hardly noticeable as well as that they both come across more yellowy on me with Mary Lou-Manizer being more golden and looking better when I've slapped on the fake tan (the only way I'm going to get a tan right now!).

I love all three of these and there is definitely an occasion for them all - Albatross for when I'm after more of an understated, delicate highlight, Crescent moon is for the those days where I want full on glow and radiance and Mary-Lou Manizer is perfect for when I'm bronzed and want a bit of a shimmery highlight but if you asked me to choose (and it's like choosing between my children) Crescent Moon would win hands down every time it's so unique and pretty and does wonders to my face which is all I ask for in a product!

Follow me on Twitter | Bloglovin' | Like me on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with highlighters at the mo! These all look gorgeous :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the mary-lou manizer one! Great post

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lucy
    xo

    ReplyDelete