17 January 2013

January Glossybox 2013


There's no denying that I'm still loving my monthly box of surprises, it's like a little present that I forget I pay for. For anyone not familiar with the concept of Glossybox it's a little pink box packed with usually 5 (sometimes something extra) beauty samples for you to try out, it's as simple as that! Cough up, wait for the postie and then pamper, could a beauty lover ask for a better service?! Fair enough sometimes you get a rubbish box but there's always something you can use or someone you know that you could give it too.

This months theme was detox and this is what I got in my box:

Elemis Fresh Skin Skin Glow Exfoliating Face wash - I'm a sucker for anything that promises a glow! I tried this out last night when my face was quite dry and it did improve it quite a bit so I will definitely use it again.

Jason Lips Bee Healthier - I've got one of these already and I can't remember if it was from Glossybox or Joliebox so I'm not going to get all grrr about getting the same product twice! It's basically a lip balm made from all natural ingredients including beeswax (lips bee healthier, get it?!) you can't have too many lip balms in winter, it does the trick and smells like After Eights.

Duck Island Limited Body Lotion - Body lotion is never going to go unused and I like the little bottle that it comes in.

Monu Aromatic Mask - I had another Monu product in a Glossybox a few months ago and loved it so I have high hopes for this and I love a heating face mask because it feels like it's doing something!

Premae Skincare Balance Rescue Face Tonique - This is the least exciting thing in the box for me, I don't use anything like this but it's all about trying new things so I'll give it a go!

Glossybox Sleep Mask - I've never used one of these in my life because I can sleep anywhere whether light or dark (Usually a Saturday afternoon when the football is on) but I do think this is a really nice extra to the box and if it's good enough for Blair Waldorf and Holly Golightly then it's good enough for me!

Overall not the worst Glossybox to start the year with!

3 comments:

  1. New follower :) love your cute blog!

    Still so undecided whether to start getting the glossy boxes, do you find them expensive or worth it for the products?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) I think that it's so worth it if you want to try out new products that you wouldn't necessarily think of buying yourself. You do get a rubbish box every couple of months but I've had a HD brows palette before and discovered a couple of new brands so I think I can find it in my heart to forgive them, give it a go and let me know how you get on :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a super cute box this month xx

    ReplyDelete