19 April 2013

April Glossybox 2013

 
  

I did have a birthday haul post planned for today but when I discovered that this had been delivered when I got home from work (complete with slug attached) how could I not share such a fabulous box?! This months Glossybox is perfect inside and out, the Spring fever themed box was designed by Pearl Lowe (the beautiful Daisy Lowes mum) and I could not love it more, the print is gorgeous, I can't wait to get it on display somewhere! I was already a happy bunny just with the look of the box but then when I saw what was inside I was even happier, all I can say is: Best. Box. EVER! And this is why...

Crabtree & Evelyn Somerset Meadow Hand Therapy - This doesn't actually launch in store and online until April 29th so it's an exclusive to all Glossybox subscribers which is exciting!! The tube is super, super cute and although the smell isn't really my cup of tea it leaves my hands silky soft and sinks into the skin really well, a definite addition to my handbag!

Nip+Fab Dry Skin Fix Body Butter in Postachio Sundae - This body butter is an alarming bright green colour but oh my god, THE SMELL!!!!!!! I haven't even used this yet but I know already that it's a definite re-buy so I can smell this delicious for the rest of my life.

Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Torment - Eeeeeeek, hello Illamasqua! I was so excited to see this brand in my box this month. This is something I would never buy myself but it's nice to be able to try, it's a pencil for lips, eyes and brows. The colour I got was Torment which looked like a rose pink but once swatched it's quite a bit darker than I expected, I don't think I'll be using this on my brows any time soon but I will definitely find a way to incorporate it into my make up somehow.

Yves Rocher France So Elixer Purple Yves Rocher Eau de Parfum - I wish I had taken a picture of the dinky bottle this came in because it is adorable but my dinner was in the oven and a Gossip Girl marathon was imminent (When the boys away Chuck Bass comes out to play!) I wouldn't trust this in my bag as the lid isn't very secure. It's not my usual sickly sweet scent but I do actually really like it so it will have a place on my dressing table to look cute and dab on when I'm in the mood for something a bit more floral.

Essie Nail Lacquer in We're in it Together - Something else very exciting nestled in all that annoying black shredded paper, a full size Essie nail varnish!! The shade I received was from the Breast Cancer Awareness collection which I couldn't support more. It's a pale glittery pink which I would never pick myself but I've got nothing like it already and it's nice to have a bit of variety in your collection!

Glossybox is going to struggle to outdo this baby, did you receive something different in your box this month?


Follow me on Twitter | Bloglovin' | Like me on Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I've been thinking about getting Glossy Boxes for ages, but haven't been very impressed with the products recently, but this one is amazing!! Essie AND Illamasqua!

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very hit or miss but when you get a good one it is definitely worth it!! xx

      Delete
  2. Ah now I REALLY want a glossybox subscription! X
    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go :) you've got nothing to lose and a few new beauty products to gain! xx

      Delete
  3. You got a much better box than mine!!
    I was hoping for the pistachio sundae, clabtree&evelyn, Illamasqua pencil, and a pastel shade Essie polish but got I received a redish coral shade instead.. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( I definitely would have preffered a coral but I've already got millions so maybe it's for the best! Hopefully you'll have better luck next month xx

      Delete